Pages

Greetings

You are welcome to my grammar learning blog.

Monday, September 5, 2011

LEARNING TO COMPLETE SENTENCE

Completing Sentences

Read the bellow sentence:

I shall comeback incase you want.
He carried an umbrella incase it rained.
Incase of want of money,phone me.

Structure:

subj. +verb (future)+in case +subj. +verb(present)+ext.
Subj.+verb(past)+in case +subj,+verb(past)+ext.
Incase of +noun ,subj. +verb +ext.

Complete the bellow sentences:

He will go in case................................
They would study in case...................
In case of his illness,...........................

Read the bellow sentence:

I wish I were rich.
He wishes he sang a song.
Wouldthat I could play chess.

Structure:

subj. +wish+subj.+were/verb(past)+ext.
Would that +subj.+could+verb(present)+ext.

Compete the bellow sentences

She wishes..............................................
I wish.........................................................
Would that................................................

Read the bellow sentence

Would you mind having a cup of tea.
Would youmind going there.

Structure:

Would you mind +verb-ing +ext.

Complete the bellow sentences:

Would you mind......................................
Would you mind visiting..........................

Read the bellow sentence:
I know him to be honest.
We consider him honest.
He treats me as honest.
You took me as your well wisher.

Structure:

Feel/,suppose/,imagine/,report/,discover/,know/.judge/,assume +to be +adjective.
Consider/,find/,think,/believe,/declare,/prove +adj.(Here tobe may be hidden).
Regard,treat,acknowledge,condemn *as *adj.
Accept/,consider/,know,/define/,describe/,interpret/,regard,treat/,use,/ recognize .+as +noun but
take +for+noun.

No comments:

Post a Comment